Sunday, August 28, 2011

No Place Like Home....s

Hey! I'm gonna blog.

Lots of things have happened since I blogged last. Here's a one sentence synopsis: We moved to a new house, had visitors for a month, visited America, then another visitor.

To get the ol' bloggin ball a rollin again, I thought I'd do a Britland vs "The States" list. See, there were a lot of things we were looking forward to in America. Space, fountain drinks, space, food, space, oh, and friends and family... Once we got there, though, I was looking forward to some of the Britishy things I'd left behind. So here they are, all organizationally layed out for you and whatnot!

God Bless American...

* fountain drinks * road space * Mexican food * mountains *
smoke-free beaches with sunshine * boating * junk food * hot dogs
* campfires * Old Navy * friends & family * country music *
exchange-rate making everything on sale for us people who are paid in pounds *
campfires * lack of inhibition * Slurpees and SnoCones *
Reeses anything * stores that stay open past 5:00 pm * SUVs and pickups *
weaponry (pocketknives, bb guns, etc) *


Good Old Britishy...

* roundabouts * cheese * chocolate * Indian food * public transportation *
accents * politeness * wellies * rain on the conservatory roof *
markets * healthy eating * spunky old ladies * friends *
international holiday destinations * history * villages * London
* Caramel Digestives * teapots * Lush bath ballistics * footpaths * countryside *
Primark * double-decker busses * the kids saying Britishy phrases *
overall Britishy-ness *


It looked all cute and in different fonts and sizes, but then it all went away, because sometimes blogger hates me. Enjoy anyway!






3 comments:

Vee said...

YAYYYYYYYYYY, you're back!!!!! I think the roads still weren't spacious enough for that guy you're married to.(sorry, can't think of his blog name) I believe there were a few curbs hit, but no biggie.

Also, I noticed you missed "spunky old ladies". I guess I wasn't spunky enough for ya, huh? I don't blame ya, I don't consider myself spunky anymore either.(that's eeeether as opposed to iiiither)

I can't wait to hear about Stinker and the older one's stories about going back to school.(again, can't think of the blog name)

Andy said...

Primark ROCKS!

Phyllis said...

You are spunky, Vee, just not old. Well, old enough to remember rationing.

Heck yeah it does, Andy! Three pound shirt-and-tie-combo high five! (p-ch!)