...but what else do you expect? Really? I have now lived in Payson, Utah longer than any other place my whole life. It's gotta have an effect on a girl, ya know?
Jimmy D filled me in on my Redneck status after our conference call with Naven, our house-finding guy. See if you can find the mistake...
Naven: Are you quite set on two bathrooms, or would one bathroom and a WC do..
Phyllis (me, remember?): Well, the reason we want two bathrooms is mostly because we have two little boys who pee all over the place, so it's nice to have a toilet of your own."
Naven: (shocked laugh) So I guess that means no carpet in the bathrooms then?
So, did you spot it? Good work. Specifically it was the phrase "boys who pee all over the place" that gave me away as a Redneck American.
This being proper business is going to be tricky for me.
I'll either have to learn to lose some shock value and be nice and proper, or there will be a trail of shocked British Folks scattered in my wake.
Sigh.
Get ready for the trail of shocked Britons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm pretty sure you'd just have to replace "pee" with "piss" and that would make your sentence quite British.
He he he... I think you could be on to something!
I love that you are blogging about this. Being a redneck American, I think it is fascinating! I miss you Dana. I hope your move goes well. Just keep thinking, "This WILL end, this will end..."
Post a Comment