The days here so far have been rollercoasterific. Just the last few days alone have been...well, I have no words. That tells you something.
Here's the highlights for ya:
* Our air shipment had been delayed a few days, but finally arrived today. Our sea shipment, however, will most likely not arrive to our house until (maybe) the first week of June- not next Monday like we had been originally told. So on the upside: I had a wonderful time unpacking the dishes I sent. It was like Christmas. I have never loved a 9 x 13 pan or a pot more. Sigh. However on the downside: if I had known our air shipment would need to hold us for a month and not a week, I might have packed more wisely. Back to the upside: if they are giving us a date of arrival at all, I have to hope that means our sea shipment is not on the ocean floor...yet.
* Our house is amazing, and I love it. However... it probably has an oil leak. It has reeked of a garage since we moved in, but we were told that it was because of a new boiler being installed and would fade as we used the heating. It hasn't faded. Today when the movers came, one of them kept saying "Wot is 'at 'orrible smell in 'ere?" "I fink it's a gas leak, it is. It's poison! Gonna make yer li-ul ones sick! "Ave the children play in the garden and call the lan'lohd!" He even made the postman "pop in and smell the 'ouse!" The postman agreed- there was a poisonous leaky smell of some kind. We did call the management company about it- the oil...boiler...guy is supposed to check it out tomorrow morning. If we wake up.....
I'm tired, so I'll give you more tomorrow. (It's late here, it's not the poisonous gasses making me tired. Maybe.) There are still a bunch of ups every day to outweigh the downs though. Here are a few of my favo(u)rites and a picture or two to end the post.
*Wandering with our little family through the footpaths into the forest.
*Making Indian food for dinner...and it was cheap and easy! Out of a jar! Wooo!
*The fields of rabbits. It's like a cartoon in some places.
*Going to the church Market Fayre up the road.
*Seeing the letter "Y" in unexpected words, like "fayre" and "tyre".
*My donut friend at the Market in town.
*All the roundabouts. Efficient and awesome.
* Hearing the boys pick up new words and phrases, like "lorry", "squash", and "biscuit".
*Looking out my window and saying "Holy crap, I'm in England!"
*All the green outside.
*The old houses on the road in our village.
*The radio station playing...well...not Miley Cyrus, for one.
*All the new things mixed into everyday life.
*Wandering through golden fields, as pictured below: (Don't worry, we didn't really wander through, just walked carefully a few feet in for a picture.)

9 comments:
Aaaahhhh!!!! I get to go there! I get to go there!
Love this post! Hey, remember when you got a ticket for not going around a round-about correctly? Just a little irony for you. Love ya!
I forgot about that! I was just practicing for British rounbdabouts. I should have explained that...
I love to read about what is happening with you all. thanks
Sorry to hear about all the delays. Seems you still have quite a bit to do until you're settled. I'll try not to bug you guys(at least James) too much with work related stuff. :)
Shauna said I could take a peek at your blog and I am glad that I did. Beautiful pictures, crazy lawn mower, great bathtub, and just fun to read all about your adventure. Love Aunt Tina
P.S. Count on us coming to Visit.
Me thinks the britishyness is rubbing off already...postman? Speaking of post..I still don't have an address for you. Is 'squash' lemonade or oj, or what happened to Stinker when he 'helped' get the stuff off the lorry?
Go back to that awesome field and set up your camera on timer and take a whole family pic. It's smashing!
LOVE the family photo in the field - Verna was right - go back and get yourself in that pic!
The Picture is beautiful! Any new developments on the smell? I love how you type how they talk haha love it.
Post a Comment